01 February 2016

Mom in the Frame Project

After completing another 365 project last year, I felt a little burned out. I love photography of course but the daily task of photographing, editing, and then posting can get overwhelming day after day. 

When 2016 rolled around, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Then January 1st became January 11th and I still had not decided if I was going to start a daily project (a 366) this year. At that point I felt that it was too late to begin and then panic set in. 

Looking back, the collections of photographs that I have from years of completing 365 projects (2013 and 2015), are truly some of my most prized possessions. And I know now that I regret not shooting everyday in 2014, the year Ellie was born and changed so much!


This year I have decided to focus on the one thing that was missing from the many photographs I have created and shared over the years... me! So I'm becoming more comfortable with my tripod and shutter remote and getting in the frame with my children. 


I know it sounds like a vain sort of endeavor, but I really think I am doing it for my children. I *think* they might treasure these photographs some day. 


I have joined Kristen Duke's Capturing Joy Photo Club for encouragement and a weekly prompt. This week's theme was "cuddling" and as you can tell, my children have a different interpretation of the word than I was expecting. 

If you are working on a similar project, I would LOVE to see it! Please send me the link and share the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...